Von Ralf Keuper
- SatoshiPay Paywall – ein Interview über Bitcoin-Micropayments
- Brave-Browser: Adblocker mit Bezahlfunktion per Bitcoin
- Zahlfunktion für Adblock Plus: “Die Verlage müssen das Geld nur annehmen”
- Bitcoin and the Future of User Monetizable Data
- The Ad-Blocking Browser that pays for the sites you visit
- German company LaterPay aiming to transform micropayments
- Micro-payments: The unsolvable problem. Solved.
But the providers of quality content typically require a stable source of income – the “gig economy” model is less likely to work for detailed analysis of a subject than it is for quick, real time reporting on particular event. .. And for that kind of work, they require either cash up front, or the security of other forms of full-time employment (a news organisation, a university etc.). The personal risks of doing such stories in the subsequent hope that people will pay for them are simply too great. This is one of the reasons why the situation for public service media is better, not worse, than it was two decades ago. We have seen how vulnerable the business models of commercial media have turned out to be, in terms of generating content, attracting paying consumers, and being able to recruit and retain talent.